Converting 4K to USB 3.0? See 24 must know facts collected from our Technical Support Team.
The INOGENI 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Converter requires no drivers and works on all motherboards and USB 3.0 chipsets. It is the most reliable and convenient PC input to capture uncompressed video with audio from your camera's HDMI output for recording, editing, videoconferencing and streaming applications. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and Android operating systems.
It features a single HDMI input and USB 3.0 output, and supports SD and HDTV video formats, up to Ultra HD 4K (4096x2160), and most computer graphic formats. Compact in size and powered directly from a USB 3.0 port, the converter is a practical and easy-to-use USB 3.0 capture solution. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and Android operating systems, and is UVC-compliant, so it will work with all DirectShow compatible software.
- HDMI capture to USB 3.0
- Direct Show Compatible
- Supports Ultra HD 4K, 1440p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 576p video formats.
- Supports 1920x1200, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480 graphic formats.
- Up to Ultra HD 4K (3840/4096x2160) at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps.
- HDMI audio support - embedded audio in the HDMI signals are extracted and output as two-channel LPCM.
- Digital Fluid technology - Internal frame buffers maximize frame rate with any PC.
- Hardware-based color space and sampling conversion.
- Automatic scaling and frame rate conversion (UHD up-scaling not supported).
- Customizable video processing functions.
- Image controls: Brightness, contrast, saturation and hue settings. These controls work on all formats below 4K but not 4K.
- Supports multiple devices on the same PC.
- Powered from USB 3.0 port.
- Compatible with Windows, OSX, Linux and Android.
- A USB 3.0 cable is included.
|Connector||1 x HDMI 1.4a|
|Video Resolution||4K UHD (3840/4096x2160), 1440p, 1080p, 720p, 1080i, 480p, 576p, 1920x1200, 1280x1024, 1280x960,1280x800, 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480|
|Frame Rates||60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98 Hz for all resolutions, except 4K = 30Hz max.|
|Color Space||RGB, YCbCr, 4:4:4, and 4:2:2 (4K=RGB)|
|Sampling Rate||297 MHz|
|Embedded Audio||Ch 1&2 48kHz LPCM|
|HDCP Copy Protection||INOGENI will not decrypt BD/DVD movies,satellite/cable receivers or other encrypted sources.|
|Connector||1 x USB 3.0|
|Codec||YUY2 4:2:2 8-bit
NV12 4:2:0 12-bit
YV12 4:2:0 12-bit
I420 4:2:0 12-bit
4K formats can only be transferred into the 4:2:0 pixel formats
|Video Scaler||Automatic hardware based|
|Color Space Conversion||Automatic hardware based|
|Sampling Conversion||Automatic hardware based|
|Frame Rate Conversion||Automatic hardware based|
|Audio||2-channel LPCM audio from HDMI|
|Operating System||NO driver installation necessary.
Windows 7 and above (32/64-bit)
OSX 10.10 and above
Linux (kernel v2.6.38) and above
|Host Requirements||USB 3.0|
|Motherboard||Compatible with all motherboards. Intel, Renesas, ASMedia, and Fresco Logic|
|Cameras Supported||Cameras and camcorders with an HDMI output|
|Software Compatibility||UVC-compliant. Runs with all software compatible to DirectShow/MediaFoundation, V4L2, QuickTime and AVFoundation.|
|Note to VAR/INTEGRATORS – this data is organized by product and may be duplicated for inclusion in a design or bid specs. It does vary from converter to converter. If you would like the same data in a .doc or .txt format please let us know.|
|Dimensions & Weight||3.2” x 2.9” x 0.75” 120g|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 45° C (32° to 113° F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to 105° C (-40° to 221° F)|
|Relative Humidity||0% to 90% non-condensing|
|USB2 Power||5V, 580 mA|
- INOGENI seen as WestBridge device
- Mirror video
- How to access the HID device
- How to install gstreamer on Linux
- Video flickering
- Drivers to include to Windows Embedded Standard 7
- Audio problem with El Capitan
- Stream/Capture HDCP protected sources
- nVidia Shield TV
- Intermittent delay in video processing